The presidential candidate of APC, Bola Tinubu has silenced his critics who say he was dead and those who said he was in the hospital bed.
Tinubu’s absence at the peace accord signing sparked a lot of controversies.
Responding to critics, Tinubu shared a video of him exercising and captioned it “Many have said I have died; others claim I have withdrawn from the presidential campaign. Well… Nope. This is the reality: I am strong, I am healthy and I am READY to serve Nigerians from Day One.”
Many have said I have died; others claim I have withdrawn from the presidential campaign.
— Bola Ahmed Tinubu (@officialABAT) October 2, 2022
Tinubu was represented by his running mate, Kashim Shettima, at the peace accord, which took place at the International Conference Centre (ICC) Abuja.
Major contenders in the presidential race, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi of the Labour Party, and Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, were all present.
A report had earlier emerged that the APC candidate is currently in London, United Kingdom.
ABN TV reports that the peace accord was organised by the National Peace Committee headed by former Head of State General Abdulsalami Abubakar and Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah.