The Accord Party on Monday raised alarm over what it described as a ‘second attack’ on Imole House, the Osogbo campaign office of Ademola Adeleke, alleging that armed men opened fire on the premises and damaged parts of the building ahead of the 15 August governorship election in Osun State.
The allegation comes amid growing political tension ahead of the poll, with fears that the campaign atmosphere in the state could become increasingly volatile in the weeks leading up to the election.
According to the statement, glass windows were shattered during the incident, while offices inside the building, including that of the Accord State Chairman, Victor Akande, were damaged.
The party also alleged that the words, “SAY NO TO AUTOMATIC TICKET,” were written on one of the walls within the premises.
Mgbuden said: “The national leadership of Accord condemns in strong terms the unprovoked attack on Imole House, which comprises Governor Ademola Adeleke’s campaign office and the party’s state secretariat.
“The attackers shot sporadically at the building, shattering glass windows and damaging offices, including the Accord State Chairman’s Office.”
Accord also linked the incident to what it described as a pattern of attacks and vandalism allegedly targeted at its supporters and campaign structures in recent weeks.
“After bragging to make Osun State ungovernable for Senator Ademola Adeleke, the thugs associated with the opposition in the state had earlier destroyed Accord and Imole Campaign Council’s billboards, vandalised public properties and killed the son of the party’s woman leader in Irewole Local Government Area,” Accord stated.
The party also said security agencies had earlier been alerted to alleged plans to foment trouble ahead of the governorship election and expressed surprise that the incident still occurred.
“Security agencies were duly notified of the plots by these desperate politicians to use thugs to cause mayhem and destabilise the state ahead of the 15 August 2026 governorship election in the state,” Mgbuden stated.
Accord called on the Inspector-General of Police and the Director-General of the Department of State Services to investigate the incident and prosecute anyone found culpable.
“The police should also provide adequate security at Imole House and strategic places in the state to prevent a recurrence of these dastardly acts,” the party said.
While condemning what he described as garrison politics, Mgbuden said: “Politics is a contest of ideas, not violence.






