Categories: CRIMENEWS

Police Begins Abducted Abuja Family Of Four’s Probe

An investigation has been opened by the Federal Capital Territory Police Command into the kidnapping of a family of four in the Bwari Area Council’s Chikakore community.

A security guard in the area, who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, said four individuals had been confirmed kidnapped at the moment.

The security personnel stated, “The attack happened this morning, but for now, we have only been able to confirm the abduction of four persons.”

However, the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Josephine Adeh, confirmed the attack on Monday.

Adeh disclosed in a statement that some unknown gunmen numbering seven disguised as vigilante members invaded the community in the early hours of Monday before abducting the victims.

The suspects were also said to have been armed with dangerous weapons while carrying out the operation.

The statement read, “On January 27, 2025, at about 1:00 A.M., the FCT Police Command received a distress call regarding a case of abduction and assault in the Chikakore community. The FCT police operatives were swiftly deployed to the scene.

Preliminary investigations revealed that seven unknown men, disguised as vigilante members and armed with machetes and sticks, attacked the residence of the victim.

Sponsored

“The suspects deceived the victim into opening his gate, after which they abducted him and three members of his family.”

Adeh further stated that a neighbour who attempted to intervene sustained injuries during the attack and was promptly rushed to Kubwa General Hospital for medical attention.

She added that efforts were ongoing to rescue the victims following a comprehensive search and rescue operation by the police.

The FCT Police Command has commenced a comprehensive search and rescue operation aimed at securing the safe recovery of the abducted victims and apprehending the perpetrators of this criminal act.

“The FCT Police Command calls on residents of the Chikakore community and the general public to remain calm and vigilant.

“Any useful information that could assist the investigation and rescue efforts should be promptly reported to the police,” the statement added.

SPONSORED
Victor Alade

Recent Posts

De Bruyne Set To Leave Man City At The End Of The Season

On Friday, midfielder Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City announced that he will be leaving…

10 hours ago

Suspected Gunmen Abduct Female Govt Official In Ebonyi

Mrs. Blessing Adagba, the coordinator of the Ngbo Central Development Centre in the Ohaukwu Local…

10 hours ago

China To Raise Tariffs By 34% On US Products Starting April 10

China announced on Friday that it would impose 34 percent tariffs on all U.S. imports…

10 hours ago

Tinubu Urged To Declare State Of Emergency Over Insecurity In Zamfara

The United Democratic Coalition (UDC) has urged President Bola Tinubu to declare a state of…

11 hours ago

Trump Reveals New $5m ‘Gold Card’ Visa

On Thursday, US President Donald Trump presented the first "gold card," a residency permit that…

12 hours ago

Maresca Admits To Nearly Costing Chelsea The Win Over Spurs

Enzo Maresca, the manager of Chelsea, claimed that by making defensive adjustments in the closing…

12 hours ago