Gov. Monday Okpebholo of Edo on Monday pledged to compensate the families of the 16 slain hunters that were allegedly murdered by a vigilante group at Uromi, Edo while on their way to Kano.
He made the pledge when, in the company of his Kano State counterpart, Abba Yusuf, he paid a condolence visit to the families of the late hunters at Torankawa in Kano State.
”We are making arrangements to provide compensation to all the victims affected by this incident”, he said.
Okpebholo commended the people of Kano State for remaining calm despite the situation.
”I also commend the good people of Kano State and the entire north for not taking the law into their own hands and carrying out reprisal attacks,” he said.
He prayed for the repose of the souls of the late hunters.
” We are here to commiserate with the families of the dead,
“We assure you that the perpetrators will be brought to justice.
” May Almighty God forgive the souls of the victims and reward them with paradise,” he said
The Edo governor said that already arrests had been made.
“About 14 suspects have been arrested already; we will pursue the case until its logical conclusion.
“We are making arrangements to provide compensation to all the families affected by this incident”, he said.
Earlier, Yusuf, while praying for the souls of the victims, said that all hands were on the deck to ensure that justice prevailed.
On Friday, midfielder Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City announced that he will be leaving…
Mrs. Blessing Adagba, the coordinator of the Ngbo Central Development Centre in the Ohaukwu Local…
China announced on Friday that it would impose 34 percent tariffs on all U.S. imports…
The United Democratic Coalition (UDC) has urged President Bola Tinubu to declare a state of…
On Thursday, US President Donald Trump presented the first "gold card," a residency permit that…
Enzo Maresca, the manager of Chelsea, claimed that by making defensive adjustments in the closing…