According to police, a suicide bomber killed five people Tuesday in an explosion outside a bank in northern Afghanistan, including Taliban security forces.
Seven people were also wounded in the attack, which targeted a queue of people waiting to collect their salaries from a bank in the city of Kunduz, the capital of Kunduz province.
“A suicide bomber, who had improvised explosive devices, detonated himself,” said Jumadin Khaksar, police spokesman for Kunduz province.
He said civilians, civil servants, and members of the Taliban security forces were among those killed.
“The Kunduz Province Police Command is working with relevant organizations to find the perpetrators of the incident and bring them to justice.”
In March last year, a suicide bomber killed at least three people when he detonated a bomb outside a bank in the southern city of Kandahar, in an attack claimed by the regional chapter of the Islamic State (IS).
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for Tuesday’s attack.
The number of bomb blasts and suicide attacks in Afghanistan has markedly declined since the Taliban ended their insurgency after seizing power in August 2021, ousting the US-backed government.
However, a number of armed groups—including IS—remain a threat.
AFP
On Friday, midfielder Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City announced that he will be leaving…
Mrs. Blessing Adagba, the coordinator of the Ngbo Central Development Centre in the Ohaukwu Local…
China announced on Friday that it would impose 34 percent tariffs on all U.S. imports…
The United Democratic Coalition (UDC) has urged President Bola Tinubu to declare a state of…
On Thursday, US President Donald Trump presented the first "gold card," a residency permit that…
Enzo Maresca, the manager of Chelsea, claimed that by making defensive adjustments in the closing…