INEC Chairman.
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC on Monday, assured that attacks on its facilities won’t stop the conduct of the 2023 election.
INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, gave the assurance at a meeting with the Africa Union Special Pre-Electoral Political Mission led by Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka.
Yakubu said though some election materials were destroyed in the attacks, the commission would replace them.
READ ALSO: 62 New SANs Sworn In By CJN Olukayode Ariwoola
Three local government area offices across the country were targeted in the last three weeks; the most recent was on Sunday in Ebonyi.
He said, “So far, we can recover from all the losses but it’s a source of concern. This shouldn’t be allowed to continue.”
Yakubu added that security agencies would be engaged to protect INEC facilities ahead of the general polls.
The political leaders of Edo State and Kano State, whose residents were impacted by the…
The UN warned Thursday that nearly half of jobs globally may be impacted by the…
The Bauchi State Ministry of Education has announced the resumption date for schools after a…
Abba Yusuf, the governor of Kano State, has instructed the Ministry of Water Resources to…
The petition to recall Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, who represents Kogi Central, has not complied with…
Following accusations of killing three people over a land dispute, retired DSP Charles Atideka, 63,…